Speaker: Nathan Beemster
Topic: Qualified Plans and IRA's: General overview, beneficiary designations, common pitfalls, rollovers, prohibited transactions.
MCLE, CFP and CPE credits are approved for this session.
Presentation Overview: IRAs, 401(k)s and other qualified plans are becoming an increasingly large portion of clients’ estates. It is important as an estate planning attorney to consider these assets carefully, and to counsel your client accordingly. In this session, we will discuss the following topics:
- General overview of qualified plans
- Using beneficiary designations with qualified plans
- Rolling over the qualified plan after the death of the original owner
- Distribution options for qualified plans
- Common pitfalls associated with qualified plans
Nathan Beemster is a Trust Officer with ATG Trust Company, where he concentrates on estate settlement, IRAs, Inherited IRAs, fiduciary taxation, and estate and gift taxation. Prior to joining ATG Trust Company, Mr. Beemster worked at FNBC Bank and Trust (formerly First National Bank of LaGrange), where he was involved with all aspect of trust administration, estate settlement, and guardianship. University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, J.D. with concentration in Estate Planning; University of Wisconsin, Madison, B.A. Legal Studies.
Thank you to our Sponsor
- Networking begins at 7:15 a.m.
- Breakfast served at 7:30 a.m.
- Speaker Presentation at 8:00 a.m.
- Meeting concludes at 9:00 a.m.